FURTHERING CDC’S MISSION
Assisting the active emergency response, with the immediate focus on Polio eradication efforts
SB Technologies, LLC (SB) is helping further mission of the Centers of Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)’s Polio Eradication Branch (PEB), Global Immunization Division (GID) in the Center for Global Health, to plan and implement immunization activities globally. SB assists the active emergency response, with the immediate focus on polio eradication efforts in Africa, Asia and the Middle East, as well as on-site technical support at CDC headquarters in Atlanta, Georgia. We support the goal set by the World Health Organization and the Director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention of worldwide eradication of the poliovirus to include:
- Outbreak response, environmental surveillance, poliovirus containment, post-eradication planning, and polio program legacy activities;
- Measles elimination and control;
- Immunization systems strengthening, including routine immunization (RI) systems;
- New vaccine introduction;
- Workforce and information systems development;
- Improving the quality of immunization data collection;
- Implementation of vaccine preventable disease (VPD) surveillance in developing countries.
As a subcontractor to Avram, we provide both polio project officers at CDC headquarters in Atlanta, Georgia and field officer personnel in Afghanistan.